Broccoli is probably one of the universally used vegetables in the North American diet. Its popularity is astounding and it provides you with exceptional health benefits and an even more pleasing taste. To change it up, I made this simple mix of Broccoli and Beansprouts in a pan covered up, not for long, in order to add a fun spin to my daily vegetable mix. Below is my recipe.
- One bunch of Broccoli chopped up
- half a bag of bean sprouts
- One sweet bell pepper (any colour)
- 2 tablespoons of oil (vegetable or olive)
- a slice of a hot pepper (jalapeno or scotch bonnet)
- one teaspoon of black pepper
- half an onion
- 4 sliced white mushrooms (Optional)
- Heat pan up with oil inside
- Add sliced onion, black pepper and hot pepper
- When the pan and additions begin to simmer, add the broccoli, beansprouts, and bell peppers to the pan (add mushrooms now too if you decide to)
- Cover and let simmer for 10-15 minutes depending on how hard or soft you want your vegetables to be
- Use a spatula to turn around the vegetables when necessary and add water if the vegetables are sticking directly to the pan
This is a great quick and healthy recipe if you’re hungry and just want to keep on a healthy direction. Hope you try this and enjoy!