People who know me, know that I do no watch a lot of TV, however, during this quarantine, I have had the opportunity (and time) to indulge in a few new shows. I will list them below and give you my opinion
- Younger (Amazon Prime Video) – First of all, THIS SHOW IS AWESOME. I feel in love with the show from the first episode and I have been glued to my screen ever since. In seasons 1 and 2, it mainly focuses on the growth of the character Liza, a 40 year old woman acting like a 26 year old woman to get a job in publishing. What made me fall in love with the show was her romantic relationship with the character Josh. I think I have been single for too long and that is what made me love this coupling. As the show goes on, I completely continue to love the story lines and the characters even more as they evolve (I am only season 4 but I watch season 6 because I couldn’t wait). If you have watched this show and you love it, comment below and let me know if you are #TeamJosh or #TeamCharles
- Life in Pieces (Netflix) – This is just a feel good family comedy. Life in Pieces tells three short stories about Characters in the same family. I am currently watching the final season on Netflix and though I am not done as yet, it is always good to come back to when I’m bored.
- Sex Education (Netflix) – Okay, this was a re-watch for me. I have watched both seasons from start to finish 3 times. Its hilarious and light hearted but really addresses issues on sexuality so well. I recommend this to everyone.
- Little Fires Everywhere (Amazon Prime Video) – I have only watched 2 episodes of this show so far but it is so good and well done. I dont have a full review on the story line as yet, but if you have Kerry Washington and Reese Witherspoon in the same scene, how could it be bad!
- Insecure (HBO) – THIS SHOW IS EPIC AND AMAZING. Season 4 is currently airing on HBO and it is amazing as usual. Issa Rae has creating one hell of a show. I call this show the ‘Black Sex and the City’. If you have a change, and HBO, I would recommend this show to you. It teaches you lessons on love and life and how to navigate those challenges.
- Grace and Frankie (Netflix) – My mom forced me to watch this show with her and thankfully I fell in love with it. I have watched all the seasons twice now and they are still just as funny. What I like about this show is that it is an accurate representation of aging. It shows how life can be for you in your 70’s and 80’s despite health restrictions. I really find it to be a wonderful and important thing to show case.
- Sisters (Netflix) – This show only has one season and thats all it will ever get but I have to say that it was really a good one. It is about a girl who learns that her dad artificially inseminated a bunch of women with his sperm while a fertility doctor AFTER HE DIES. She enters into a huge lawsuit and has to deal with the negatives of her fathers decision. This is actually my third time watching this show and I still like it.
I hope that you find something in this list worth watching! Happy Quarantine viewing!