A no carb lunch! What a thing is this?! Recently, I have just started out with my healthy eating journey, and it is my ultimate goal to be able to shed serious weight before the end of 2017. Late start to the goal, but a late start is better than no start!
With this I wanted to show you what one of my typical lunches have been looking like. What I have in my plate are the following:
- Harissia Seasoned Chicken (PC Brand Seasoning)
- Vegetable Stir-fry (Onions, Broccoli, Mushrooms, Bean Sprouts)
So far its been super healthy but I do miss my bread and pastas. You can make healthy look and taste good, but you have to be ready to make the change.
Follow me on my healthy eating journey as I continue.
Broccoli is probably one of the universally used vegetables in the North American diet. Its popularity is astounding and it provides you with exceptional health benefits and an even more pleasing taste. To change it up, I made this simple mix of Broccoli and Beansprouts in a pan covered up, not for long, in order to add a fun spin to my daily vegetable mix. Below is my recipe.
- One bunch of Broccoli chopped up
- half a bag of bean sprouts
- One sweet bell pepper (any colour)
- 2 tablespoons of oil (vegetable or olive)
- a slice of a hot pepper (jalapeno or scotch bonnet)
- one teaspoon of black pepper
- half an onion
- 4 sliced white mushrooms (Optional)
- Heat pan up with oil inside
- Add sliced onion, black pepper and hot pepper
- When the pan and additions begin to simmer, add the broccoli, beansprouts, and bell peppers to the pan (add mushrooms now too if you decide to)
- Cover and let simmer for 10-15 minutes depending on how hard or soft you want your vegetables to be
- Use a spatula to turn around the vegetables when necessary and add water if the vegetables are sticking directly to the pan
This is a great quick and healthy recipe if you’re hungry and just want to keep on a healthy direction. Hope you try this and enjoy!
This is one of my favourite go to recipes for dinner. I am not a vegan or a health nut, but I do believe that it is so important to have vegetables in your diet. This recipe is so easy and tasty too.
- Chopped Kale
- Sliced sweet peppers
- a slice of a fresh hot pepper (jalapeno or scotch bonnet are my faves)
- Sliced carrots
- 2 tbsp oil (olive or vegetable)
- 1 tsp black-pepper
- half an Onion sliced
- put pan on stove. set heat to a medium temperature
- add oil to pan.
- Add onions, black pepper, and slice of hot pepper. Let it start to Simmer.
- Once the pan is at a simmer, add the kale, sweet peppers, carrots to the pan. Cover and let steam for 5-7 minutes.
- Add sliced mushrooms to the pan. Cover and let simmer for 3-5 min
- Check for completion.
If you like your vegetables hard, then 10 minutes total cooking time should do the trick. If you like them a tad softer, then let them simmer for a bit longer!
Hope you try this out for one of your dinners! Its quick and tasty and super duper easy to do!