This picture does not do this salad justice. After finding the original recipe on Pinterest, I decided to try it for myself (with some substitutions of course).
What’s unique about this simple recipe is the fact that the corn gives it its sweet taste while the red (or purple) onion gives it a spicy kick.
Overall, I have really enjoyed eating the colourful summer salad for lunch and I am excited to share this recipe with you.
- 2 Cups of Corn (canned or frozen are good)
- Half of a red (or purple) onion diced
- 1 sweet bell pepper (green, red, orange or yellow) diced
- 1/4 of a Cucumber diced
- A slice of a hot pepper (scotch bonnet or jalapeno)
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of oil (olive or vegetable oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Lemon or Lime Juice
- Combine the diced onions, bell pepper, cucumber together
- Heat a pan up with the oil, slice of hot pepper, lemon/lime juice and the black pepper
- Add corn into pan and stir for 2-4 minutes
- Combine seasoned corn into bowl with the other ingredients
- Chill in the fridge and serve!
I hope that you try this simple and tasty recipe this summer and that it is as good for you as it was for me!