If I ever post about a song, and then later listen to the acoustic version, I always have to add it to my blog. Since I have a Sam Smith obsession, and I already wrote about my love for Disclosure’s version of Latch, I now have to include the acoustic version, which can also be found on the deluxe version of his album In the Lonely Hour.
Last week Tuesday, I saw the theatre production of Jersey boys for the first time. Let me tell you, I was absolutely blown away for many reasons.
- I knew many of these songs, but I never knew who they were by
- The Four Seasons are actually a four person group of men and they are not named Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall
- Frankie Valli has the most perfect falsetto
- The songs are revolutionary and have actually changed my musical interests (for the meantime)
- Drew Seeley from the High School Musical Concert/Film was in the play so I got to see an actor that I grew up watching in person.
Of all of the songs I heard that night, My Eyes Adored You, truly stood out to me. It is a beautiful song about a boy who falls in love with a girls beauty and is enticed to know more about her from her appearance. Something about her draws him to her and has to be with her. I just really liked the way it was sung on stage. It captivated my attention and truly engaged me in the works of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons.
Next stop, Seeing Valli live on stage and maybe watching Jersey Boys again.