Disclaimer: I got this resource list from the Almost 30 Podcast Group’s Google Doc, however, I thought that it was such good quality and important information that I wanted to share it here on my… More
People who know me, know that I do no watch a lot of TV, however, during this quarantine, I have had the opportunity (and time) to indulge in a few new shows. I will list them below and give you my opinion
- Younger (Amazon Prime Video) – First of all, THIS SHOW IS AWESOME. I feel in love with the show from the first episode and I have been glued to my screen ever since. In seasons 1 and 2, it mainly focuses on the growth of the character Liza, a 40 year old woman acting like a 26 year old woman to get a job in publishing. What made me fall in love with the show was her romantic relationship with the character Josh. I think I have been single for too long and that is what made me love this coupling. As the show goes on, I completely continue to love the story lines and the characters even more as they evolve (I am only season 4 but I watch season 6 because I couldn’t wait). If you have watched this show and you love it, comment below and let me know if you are #TeamJosh or #TeamCharles
- Life in Pieces (Netflix) – This is just a feel good family comedy. Life in Pieces tells three short stories about Characters in the same family. I am currently watching the final season on Netflix and though I am not done as yet, it is always good to come back to when I’m bored.
- Sex Education (Netflix) – Okay, this was a re-watch for me. I have watched both seasons from start to finish 3 times. Its hilarious and light hearted but really addresses issues on sexuality so well. I recommend this to everyone.
- Little Fires Everywhere (Amazon Prime Video) – I have only watched 2 episodes of this show so far but it is so good and well done. I dont have a full review on the story line as yet, but if you have Kerry Washington and Reese Witherspoon in the same scene, how could it be bad!
- Insecure (HBO) – THIS SHOW IS EPIC AND AMAZING. Season 4 is currently airing on HBO and it is amazing as usual. Issa Rae has creating one hell of a show. I call this show the ‘Black Sex and the City’. If you have a change, and HBO, I would recommend this show to you. It teaches you lessons on love and life and how to navigate those challenges.
- Grace and Frankie (Netflix) – My mom forced me to watch this show with her and thankfully I fell in love with it. I have watched all the seasons twice now and they are still just as funny. What I like about this show is that it is an accurate representation of aging. It shows how life can be for you in your 70’s and 80’s despite health restrictions. I really find it to be a wonderful and important thing to show case.
- Sisters (Netflix) – This show only has one season and thats all it will ever get but I have to say that it was really a good one. It is about a girl who learns that her dad artificially inseminated a bunch of women with his sperm while a fertility doctor AFTER HE DIES. She enters into a huge lawsuit and has to deal with the negatives of her fathers decision. This is actually my third time watching this show and I still like it.
I hope that you find something in this list worth watching! Happy Quarantine viewing!
This song has been in my head for the past two days. I knew all of the words but I just could not remember the artist. I decided to make a post about it so that I can remember it in the future!
Baby Can I Hold You is a song by artist Tracy Chapman. While it is a major throwback, it is definitely one of those beautiful love songs. I haven’t really had a chance to sit down and truly analyze it and find the deeper meaning and context. Maybe one day I will and update this post.
One of my good friends tagged me in a tiktok video by Jenna Dewan and not only did I fall in love with her choreography but I also watched the video so many times that I started to like the song!
Her dancing is amazing!
After the 10th time of watching this video, I went to find this song. I knew that it was by Justin Bieber the minute I heard it because his voice is so distinct, but I was surprised that I hadn’t heard it before this! Anyways, it is a cool and mellow hip hop song and I actually find it quite enjoyable to listen to. Quavo from the Migos has a feature on the song which is actually a great added touch!
I have always enjoyed Sam Hunt’s music. It is mainly country, but there are often pop or hip hop elements woven into the music.
Hunt released his second full length album, Southside, in April 2020 and the first song on the album has completely made my heart soft and warm.
2016 is the first song on the Southside album and the most beautiful song on there as well. Not only is it lyrically beautiful, but it really showcases Hunt’s vocal capability. It may make you cry. It may make you sentimental. Either way, it is one of those songs that will make you feel something!
This past September, I went to the UK to visit my family. London is beautiful! I wish I had more time to look around!I didn’t get to take too many photos but I have included a few of my favourites from the trip here.
I can’t believe that I never posted these photos before! These photos are from the Color Factory Exhibit in NYC! I went and took these in December 2018. I went to NYC for New Years and I decided to attend this fun event!
While old, I found this in my drafts and still thought it was worth a post. They aren’t great pics but they are still good memories!
Also, I haven’t posted anything for 2020 yet and I thought that it was about time to pop back in.
What is Limerence?
Limerence – “the state of being infatuated or obsessed with another person, typically experienced involuntarily and characterized by a strong desire for reciprocation of one’s feelings but not primarily for a sexual relationship.”
Last night, I was talking to my friend and I truly sat there and asked myself why and how I could possibly still be ‘in love’ with my ex. It has been 2.5 years since we broke up. Hes fully moved on. I haven’t seen or talked to him in this long. Honestly, I am starting to annoy myself with this. I am starting to feel like this is dumb and unnecessary. Why do I love someone who doesn’t love me?
A few quotes from my friends started to put things into perspective for me:
“When you started dating him, the you we knew walked out the door and never came back. Where did she go?”
“I don’t think you love him. I think you have somethings you need to work on”
“He may be good to her, but he wasn’t good to you and thats all that should matter”
As I sat here and reflected on a few of the comments made, I realized that my brain was bringing up the past and I wasn’t consciously having nightmares or dreams about my ex. I wasn’t thinking about him all day voluntarily. Why was I having these thoughts that caused me a whole lot of emotional pain, sadness, anxiety, and depression. It must be a mental illness of some sort. To be honest, I have always been a person that was great at letting people go, especially ex’s, so why was he any different?
When I typed my symptoms and feelings into Google, the term Limerence came up and I started to read articles on them and realized quickly that this is what I had. Realizing that there was a name for it and a way to move through it was actually so relieving. I think that I will write more about this in the future, especially as I work through learning more about this condition. In the meantime, here are a few articles that I found that should help to explain what Limerence is in more detail.
- Love Or Limerence? 11 Signs You’re In A Fantasy Relationship
- 7 Things To Remember When You’re Obsessing Over Someone Who Isn’t Obsessed With You
- 5 Dangerous Things That Happen To Your Brain When You Fall In Love – Especially With A Toxic Person
My goal for 2020 is to fill myself and my life with so much joy that I can overcome this feeling (or condition, depending on how you see it).
If any of you are experiencing or have experienced this, comment below!
I found this blog through the wonderful Harley Bang Bang that I followed on Twitter. I read this post and it actually brought tears to my eyes. This post is filled with things I need to hear, even 2 years out of a bad breakup. I hope that this resonates and helps anyone out there looking for some form of hope. I still have none, but this was quite nice to read.
After my recent breakup, I felt all of the cliché textbook things you’re supposed to feel: sadness, anger, self-loathing, a sense that I wasn’t good enough. All of these feelings were exacerbated two months later when I happened to see my ex out and about with a new girl at a parade, her arms wrapped around him. Out of the *literally* 3 million people who attended this particular parade (including dozens of my friends), the only person I saw that day was him; an incredibly cruel move by fate leaving me sickened that he had moved on so quickly.
My mind started to wander to all kinds of negative places and I wondered whether I would ever be the kind of girl that someone fought for, rather than seemingly being so easy to walk away from. It certainly didn’t help that this girl was the physical opposite of me, leaving…
View original post 1,753 more words
This has been my go to power walking song for the past two months. I first heard it on an episode of Netflix’s Trinkets and I thought it was a hype song. Now, I just love it. I haven’t listened to any other songs by Princess Nokia to date but maybe I will when I finally get sick and tired of this song.
Also, the song is named after a video game character from Mortal Kombat if that made it any cooler or enticed you to listen. Add this to your workout playlist if you dare!
About two weeks ago, I was told that the premature greying of my hairs (down there) could be a sign of vitiligo. My dad has vitiligo so when I heard this news, anxiety tore straight through my body. I became extremely anxious and paranoid and I rushed home straight to the mirror to see if I could find any other signs of this on my body. I saw tiny, pen tip sized depigmented spots on my body and I immediately freaked out.
For the past two weeks, nothing else has consumed my thoughts. I have been researching about the autoimmune disease and reading the stories of individuals with the illness. I don’t like to be negative, especially as a person that suffers from persistent depression, but I just couldn’t see the positive in this situational – and I still cant.
I have been experiencing extreme mental distress for the past two weeks. I have been waking up every two hours in the middle of the night so I haven’t had any good sleep; I have been barely eating and I have been throwing up from stress; I think my mind has become so distorted that I see fading areas all over my body and don’t know if its just an inconsistent complexion or the start of this condition. I have been experiencing multiple breakdowns at work and I have been having anxiety on transit.
Mostly though…I just want to sleep. I am tired. This has made me tired. And then I just began to think about all the people that live with this everyday and I felt like the most selfish person in the world. I currently have my pigment and I should enjoy and appreciate that. I shouldn’t be dwelling on the unknown as yet.
I also believe in manifestation. I think that if I continue to overthink and stress about this then it would actually come when right now it is totally unknown that it could be here.
Overall, I am scared and terrified. Growing up, this was my biggest fear, bigger than cancer or being homeless. This was and still is my biggest fear. I think that I can do all things and I work so hard. For the first time though, I think I have found something that I can’t find the strength within to fight. I know this already. This isn’t about giving up – this is just about knowing myself and knowing what I can handle. This isn’t something I can handle. It makes me sad to say. I just hope and pray that it isn’t too bad if it comes but I more so hope that it doesn’t.
If you pray, please send some prayer my way.
Thanks for reading.